RIOS Gallery


Article: 3251  

Alas, Arnold (1911 – 1990). Yerevan Suburb. (1958)



Description:
Oil on canvas
55 x 50
Lower right - A. Alas 58

Arnold Alas graduated from the State Art School (Estonian Academy of Arts) in 1933 with a degree in decorative painting.
From 1936 to 1938 he was Berlin as a state scholarin.
Already in 1935 the first exhibition of Alas (the government of the Foundation of Fine Arts) was held.
In 1962 Tallinn Art Hall.
In 1967 and 1981, at the Tallinn Art Museum.
Since 1943, Arnold Alas, was a member of the Yaroslavl Group of Artists and the Union of Artists of Estonia (1957-1962. Chairman of the Union of Artists).
Since 1977, he taught at the State Art Institute of the Estonian SSR (Estonian Academy of Arts).
Prizes: Soviet Estonia Prize 1948
The works of the artist are in the collections of the Estonian State and Tartu Art Museums.


Price: 890.00 Quantity: